Sunday 29 March 2015

ARBITRARY DECISION OF PRESS COUNCIL OF INDIA

PRESS COUNCIL OF INDIA has intimated me on 14th August 2014 ref their letter F.No; 14/27/14-15  that their former Chairman,Shri M.KATJU had decided not to take cognizance of my old Complaint against Times of India and the Economic Times .This decision was communicated to me without explaining specific reasons for the rejection. From my point of view Hon. Justice Katju  former  ,Chairman of PCI  has overlooked the seriousness of the whole issue of Corruption in Media specifically in Times and the Economic Times of which this writer became Victim .This was the main crux,the central point of my blog on the same subject about which I wrote on 15th November 2013 in my blog.

I was under the impression that in today's Era of Free and Fair flow of Information Press Council of India will place all the facts, the details of the replies PCI has received from Times and the Economic Times in respect of my complaint which I had lodged in the year 2013 with PCI. But PCI has conveniently decided to not to rev eal  the reasons that means I am being kept in dark about the comments and reactions of Times and the Finaan cial daily the Economic Times.

Since  I intend to pursue this old matter to its logical conclusion I have written to PCI that since the decision of PCI is one sided I have no alternative but to seek legal relief and have sent Notice.

I have also informed that Chairman,Shri M.KATJU has been removed from the Chairmanship of PCI .Certainly Shri Katju could have questioned BCCL,Proprietors of Times and the Economic Times about my accusastions levelled against them. But apparently he dismissed my complaint which is based on TRUE FACTS.

SURESH NADKAR

29th March 2015


No comments:

Post a Comment